The Family-friendly workplace programme supports the goal-oriented development of family friendly practices
The Family-Friendly Workplace Program by the Family Federation of Finland will support employers in receiving the label. Participation in the program is subject to a charge.
The program features various stages:
- initial review: compiling data and documents concerning the organisation’s current level of family-friendliness
- implementing a staff survey: conducted as a part of the initial review
- development plan: compiled based on the initial review
- total assessment: implemented at the end of the program
Sections of family-friendliness
Evidence of the realisation of family-friendliness is collected comprehensively from the organisation, both at the level of attitudes and actions. Evidence of family-friendliness include such factors as
- good results from the family-friendliness survey among the entire personnel
- updated, legislated equality and parity plan required from companies employing 30 people
- other documents, personnel key figures and indicators that can prove the realisation of family-friendliness
Sections of family-friendliness are:
- Values and attitudes
- Work itself, working hours and flexitime
- Long leaves due to family reasons, the different stages and situations of a life cycle
- Instructions and code of conduct
- Experiences of the actions of management/supervisors
- The supervisor’s perspective
- Experience of balance and the view of the employer’s family-friendliness.
The Family-friendly workplace label has been granted to
The Family Federation of Finland has granted the Family-friendly workplace label to more than 10 employers (updated on 30 June 2020).
- Barnavårdsföreningen i Finland f.
- DNA Oyj
- Hydac Oy
- Lastensuojelun Keskusliitto
- Luotolan Nuoret ry
- Mannerheimin Lastensuojeluliitto
- Miessakit ry
- Profiam Sosiaalipalvelut Oy
- Suomen Uusperheiden Liitto ry
- Suomen Vanhempainliitto ry
- Tutoris Oy